P2I is an innovative partnership project between Somerset County Council, the four district councils (Mendip, Sedgemoor, Somerset West & Taunton and South Somerset) and two major Somerset supported housing providers, YMCA Brunel Group and YMCA Dulverton Group. The P2i service offers support for homeless and vulnerable young people aged between 16 to 25 and can help with:
- Emergency Accommodation – if you are in a housing crisis and need accommodation at very short notice
- Time to Talk – mediation to help to rebuild connections with family where that is appropriate
- Supported Accommodation – a range of accommodation in Taunton, Minehead, Bridgwater, Frome, Street and Yeovil. Generally, the accommodation will be laid out in such a way that you have your own bedroom but share other facilities with other young people. Some of the accommodation is staffed 24 hours a day whilst some is generally unstaffed but with regular visits from support workers.
- Support in finding housing, maintaining accommodation, helping with benefit claims, setting up utilities, managing money etc.
- Tenant Accreditation Scheme – to help give young people the knowledge and skills they will need in order to live independently
- Partnership working – close working relationships with colleagues in Children’s Social Care and other agencies (including services that can provide support with mental health, training and education, drug and alcohol misuse etc)
On 1st January 2017, Somerset County Council awarded new contracts to YMCA Dulverton Group and YMCA Brunel Group to deliver the P2i contract across the whole of Somerset. These key providers and partners are making a real difference to the services provided to young people, aged 16 to 25, across the county.
The P2I service is delivered through successful joint commissioning by the following organisations and councils. Please click on any of our partner names to find out more about them:
- Somerset County Council
- Mendip District Council
- Sedgemoor District Council
- Somerset West & Taunton Council
- South Somerset District Council
- YMCA Dulverton Group – delivering in Sedgemoor and Somerset West and Taunton
- YMCA Brunel Group – delivering in Mendip and South Somerset